Saturday, January 23, 2010

A thought or two

Sorry about that last post, I just got inspired by the squirrels. haaaa
On a heavier note...
I don't mean to meander, but - sometimes being a teenager really isn't pleasant.
Everything feels like the end of the world, and even recognizing that something isn't as big of a deal as I'm making it out to be, I still feel awful. and hopeless.
You can't go off on an adventure and do what you want because you're tied down by the committment that we all know as highschool. All I want to do is leave America for a little by myself and go to Africa and find something that's so much bigger than me.
That leads me to point three; we, teenagers, can barely see past our own lives. What we know is what we choose to see, which is typically only things that effect us. And only us...
I find myself questioning my emotional turmoil - is this an age thing? Am I gonna feel like this forever? blah blah blah...blah...blah...
I know these are supposed to be some of the most fun years of our lives and I don't want to take it for granted, but is it overated? Or am I missing something. I just need to go paint.
Je pose ces questions.. je pose ces questions..

No comments:

Post a Comment