Tuesday, January 5, 2010

a song to pass the time

While the Mexican children kick rocks into the street, they laugh in a language I don't understand. But I love them, why do I love them?
Don't stay so far away from me.
This weather has me wanting love more tangeable.
Something I can hold.
Cause it's getting cold...
I say hold up our fists to the flame in the sky, and block out the light that's reaching for our eyes cause it....cause it will blind us. Yeah it will blind us. Well I've locked my actions in the grooves of routine. So I may never be free of this apathy. But I wait for a letter that's coming to me. She sends me pictures of the ocean in an envelope.
In my secret drawers.
In my pockets deep.
you will find
the
reasons
that
I can't sleep.
Pass through my life life a dream through my head. It will...it will be easy. I'll make it easy. But all I have for the moment is a song to pass the time. A melody to keep me from worrying. Some simple progression to keep my fingers busy. And words that are sure to come back to me.
And they'll be laughing. My mediocrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment