Thursday, July 14, 2011

Bastille

So, about a month or so ago, I watched something called "Paris, Je T'aime" (Paris, I love you) which is basically a compilation of short French films all put together on one dvd. There's something very special about short films when they're done right. You can learn so much about someone in around five minutes and finish the film with a significant amount of feeling. I think one of the short films from Paris Je T'aime entitled "Bastille" was my favorite and I wanted to post it.
Not only is this film beautiful, but there was something else subtly involved that drew me to it. "By acting like a man in love, he became a man in love again." You may or may not know that I LOVE geeking out over psychology and find every bit of it incredibly interesting{which is why I'm making it my major} and I had studied before about the positive correlation between acting affectionately and feelings of love. When you are acting, touching, or pretending to feel in any way that has to do with affection, it is likely that you will develop very real feelings that coincide with your actions. I've always thought that was fascinating. It really makes sense if you think about it, though. Ever notice how celebrities who play love interests in movies together often end up dating in real life? Anyways, that's my little input about this short film and I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment