Thursday, March 4, 2010

Og Mandino

I started looking at this website stumbleupon.com and you check off subjects that interest you and then you get to "stumble" upon a bunch of different sites that have to do with your interests. When you're done looking at one site, you click a button and it brings you to the next. Rather addictive. Anyways, it showed me a site with all these Og Mandino quotes that I found really inspiring. I don't actually know who Og is... so if he's some terrible person, forgive me. oops. Here are some of my favorites:
-Grasp each minute of this day with both hands and fondle it with love for its value is beyond price.
-Grant me compassion for weaknesses in others
-Action will destroy your procrastination.
-All nature is a circle of moods and you are a part of nature and so, like the tides, your moods will rise; your moods will fall.
-All your problems, discouragements, and heartaches are, in truth, great opportunities in disguise.
-Always take another step. If that is to no avail take another, and yet another. One step at a time is not too difficult.
-Bathe me in good habits that the bad ones may drown.
-Chuckle and your burdens will be lightened.
-Do not listen to those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious.
-Do not make vain attempts to imitate others.
-I will look on all things with love, and I will be born again.
-Laugh at yourself for man is most comical when he takes himself too seriously
-Never will I allow my heart to become small and bitter, rather I will share it and it will grow and warm the earth.
-This day is all you have and these hours are now your eternity. Greet this sunrise with cries of joy as a prisoner who is reprieved from death.
-Today I shed my old skin which hath too long suffered the bruises of failure and the wounds of mediocrity.
-You are nature's greatest miracle.

There's soo many more. But I really liked these. I gotta find out who this dude is...
http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2y1ORD/www.zealland.com/Treasure_Chest_Feb13-20%252C00.htm

1 comment: